What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

M776 time fuze , M84A1 time fuze

If you're talking about the M 84 uded in the 81mm illmi=un dr me a PM, can't find a M776 right off hand

For some reason I can't get the fuze to post, I'll try it in a sperate thread for you or just email me and I'll send the pis to you

The M-84 Time fuze

These are setback-initiated, powder-train time (PTT), mortar
projectile fuzes. The M84 and M84A1 provide a variable time delay of up to 25 seconds and 50 seconds, respectively.

The fuzes are unpainted. Nomenclature and manufacturing information are stamped on each fuze. The fuze bodies are also stamped with an "S", indicating the safe setting position, and a graduated time
scale. The M84 scale is graduated in 1-second intervals from 0 to 25, with the 5-second intervals stamped on raised bosses. The M84A1 scale is graduated in 2-second intervals from 0 to 50, with the 10-second intervals stamped on raised bosses. The word "SET" is stamped on the time setting sleeve above the setting indicator rib.
The fuzes have brass heads, aluminum time setting sleeves,
and aluminum or brass bodies.

The fuze is set by rotating the time setting sleeve until the setting indicator rib is aligned with the desired time delay graduation. The safety pin is removed before firing.
On projectile firing, setback causes the striker to shear the shear pins and strike the percussion primer. The flash from the primer ignites the ignition pellet which ignites the time ring charge. After burning along the length of the time ring(s), the burning charge ignites the body pellet which ignites the expelling charge.