What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Malvern 22 Nov

Malvern

My first visit to Malvern and I was impressed with the scale of the event(although at least half of the stalls were for vehicle parts). Five hours to get there including 3 hours on a cold, slow train from London Paddington; and another 4.5 hours to get back. (Public transport doesn't work well on Sundays!) Good to meet BOCN members and I bought a nice ElAZ 9 from Waff's stall. And many thanks, Waff, for the lift to the station - much appreciated. Also a bought few small items, including a rusty grosse Gewehrpanzergranate 40 for 15 from a German chap selling relic material. An enjoyable day out. Pudsey on 6th Dec but I won't get there before about 12:30.

Tony.

Blimey, you are keen ! I can never find anything at fairs these days, even Beltring. Looked and saw how far it was to Malvern from here, approx. 120 miles each way, and thought, er no. good that you found something though. Tony (also from Surrey)

Aye thats dedication Tony!
Glad your happy with the type 9,i was gonna section it if it never went at Malvern Or Pudsey.
I think the next Malvern is around March?(im sure one of you lads can confirm)

best

waff

Aye thats dedication Tony!
Glad your happy with the type 9,i was gonna section it if it never went at Malvern Or Pudsey.
I think the next Malvern is around March?(im sure one of you lads can confirm)

best

waff

I had bloody awfully good one chaps at Malvern! Found a really nice US 30mmx165 Honeywell Experimental Dummy (US Philco-Ford circa 1972 competitor to the GAU8-A Avenger and did not get past the experimental stage, a 30x173 GAU 8-A Dummy in its white plastic loading case, 35mmx228 Oerlikon fired case bit battered condition but nice all same, Russian P-TAB Cluster Bomblet and a .50 calibre round for my son Dan! So i was well chuffed with my lot. Best of all was on the sat 20th when Waffy (the tall handsome chap lol!!) and Mick delivered the big 8-inch shell for me-that item is just awesome and i love it. I said to Sarah the wife maybe i should have another so i can have one either side of the fireplace lol! Waffy and Mick hope youre reading this keep your eyes open lol! Regards, Tim.

I had bloody awfully good one chaps at Malvern! Found a really nice US 30mmx165 Honeywell Experimental Dummy (US Philco-Ford circa 1972 competitor to the GAU8-A Avenger and did not get past the experimental stage, a 30x173 GAU 8-A Dummy in its white plastic loading case, 35mmx228 Oerlikon fired case bit battered condition but nice all same, Russian P-TAB Cluster Bomblet and a .50 calibre round for my son Dan! So i was well chuffed with my lot. Best of all was on the sat 20th when Waffy (the tall handsome chap lol!!) and Mick delivered the big 8-inch shell for me-that item is just awesome and i love it. I said to Sarah the wife maybe i should have another so i can have one either side of the fireplace lol! Waffy and Mick hope youre reading this keep your eyes open lol! Regards, Tim.

Forgot to add while rabbiting on! I think the next Malvern date is in November. Hope to go but will have to see how the finances are near the time.

Deffo November 7th according to my trusty calendar.
How on earth did you manage to resurrect this old thread?? :p
Nay worries though,im sure 'handsome waff' and uncle mick will sort you another whopper for the fireplace. lol!

best

waff

Deffo November 7th according to my trusty calendar.
How on earth did you manage to resurrect this old thread?? :p
Nay worries though,im sure 'handsome waff' and uncle mick will sort you another whopper for the fireplace. lol!

best

waff

Will hold you to that one mate lol!

This is the 2009 Malvern thread not the 2010 one from last Sundays show Only a year out near enough lol

From bazooka chris