What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mark 2 grenades and others, still good deals

phantomf4

Here in the USA there's still some good deals to be had, the grenade on the left i bought at a yard sale for $5.00, it's a 10 + triangle marked on the side with the threaded base, the second i got from a local dealer for 5 dollars and the third i got from a local antique shop and paid $60.00 for 2 of them i sold one one ebay for $105.00 so this ones paid for, the fourth one my uncle gave me when i was a kid, the last 3 have no markings and non threaded bases. the first three i've gotten in the last 2 months. so if you beat the bushes there's good deals to be had and i also think the average person that don't know the difference see's chinese repo's and just assume's there all worth 5 bucks. that's good for us. the second picture is of a couple m67's, i paid 20 bucks for both, the dark green one has a solid base and is rfx55 r1 marked with a m205a2 fuze dated 5-70, the second one has a hole in the bottom rfx n8 marked and a m205a2 fuze dated 10-68, the third picture is of a mint m69 2 piece body with hole at bottom dated 2000, i had a unopened crate of 50 of these and sold the hell outa them on ebay and got big money for awhile then they got all uptight about this stuff, i paid $3.50 apiece for these and still have a bunch, sometimes i think people just don't care about this stuff but that's ok i'll just keep buying at these prices and be happy.:tinysmile_fatgrin_t

Attachments

• 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 60
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 47
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    95.3 KB · Views: 41
the second picture is of a couple m67's, i paid 20 bucks for both, the dark green one has a solid base and is rfx55 r1 marked with a m205a2 fuze dated 5-70, the second one has a hole in the bottom rfx n8 marked and a m205a2 fuze dated 10-68,

The grenade bodies in the second photo are M30 bodies.

M30 is the practice version of the M26 which is the HE version of the grenade. The M26 is a sheet metal body while the M30 is cast.

The RFX cast in the side is the cast mark for Richmond Foundry.

Hi PhantomF4,

Whilst there are a lot of variations missing from this photo, it does show the basic variations of the US fragmentation grenade;spanning the last 60 years. Cheers

Attachments

• US frags for BOCN.jpg
    US frags for BOCN.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
No doubt, phantomF4 that you've got some great deals on those MKII's. goes to show that if one is patient those "once in a lifetime" deals may occur 2 or 3 times in a lifetime. On ebay in the late 90's to well after the turn of the century there were great deals to be had on grenades. I got an m1917 German rifle grenade for 20.00us, many eggs for 15.00-25.00us, an m1912 Russian lantern for 20.00 and the list goes on and on. Just when things seem good then times change. But again I say if one is patient the good deals will come. When someone pays "too much" for any item that is what slides the curve up because is percieved as what the market will bear.. Glad to get that off my chest. Value of this post, absolutely nothing...Dano

No doubt, phantomF4 that you've got some great deals on those MKII's. goes to show that if one is patient those "once in a lifetime" deals may occur 2 or 3 times in a lifetime. On ebay in the late 90's to well after the turn of the century there were great deals to be had on grenades. I got an m1917 German rifle grenade for 20.00us, many eggs for 15.00-25.00us, an m1912 Russian lantern for 20.00 and the list goes on and on. Just when things seem good then times change. But again I say if one is patient the good deals will come. When someone pays "too much" for any item that is what slides the curve up because is percieved as what the market will bear.. Glad to get that off my chest. Value of this post, absolutely nothing...Dano
your right, i paid $3.50 US for the practice m69 that were brand new in the crate, i started with 4 of them and sold the 4 for like 500.00 on ebay, well i saw this and i went and bought a crate who would'nt, it wasn't uncommon at the time to get $100.00 apiece for them, BUT at that i don't think the general public could get mint example's and these were acquired through people in the military at the time. So if a mint example comes up for sale and nobody has a way to get them then they will pay high prices. If your dealing with old stuff the average citizen that just thinks it's a old hunk of steel will sell it cheap because they don't know better. then we come out alright as collectors. oh i sold some of that stuff you sure you didn't get it from me,ha ha :tinysmile_fatgrin_t