What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Massive Flat Head Shot/Proof

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
The section i used to work with has found this huge beast,, i only have this single picture and the only other info i have is it has 200lb stamped into the side,
Just out of curiosity does anyone any idea what gun it is from
10668399_812384628794795_1318766973_n.jpg

Last edited:
Years ago, we've found the same shape of shell on an old test range.
There was told us that that sort of flatbullet was used to determine the resistance of the gun with different weight of shell and automatically different weight of powder.
It was a test range dated between the two WW.

Yoda

Thats one hell of a piece of metal to throw! Do you know if the round will be preserved or destroyed?

Last edited:
Hells teeth,can you just imagine the recoil forces involved getting that beast on the move,thanks for posting,
Don,

Thanks for the replies everyone
Glevum i will look into the 8" howitzer ammunition
Spaceinvader.. im not sure what will happen to it as im no longer working in clearance but i would think theres only 2 options ,1 it will go into the collection at the EOC training wing or 2 its going to get scrapped.

Spotter, As glevum said by the weight and also looking at the rotating band, I would agree that it goes to an 8" Howitzer. The band nearly matches the one I have from an 8" M106. Cheers, Bruce.