What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal detecting finds

Wowa1

I have been metal detecting a new site and found numerous amounts of ww2 items these include 303 rounds fired , spent 303 cases , 9mm bullets fired , solid armor piercing shells fired , and some stuff I can't identify, they are made of brass and are 2" in diameter , they have some marks on them . The marks are mk1 / No 30 / TREN . They look like they clipped on to something round . I found them all in a small area together. Any ideas would be greatful.
I tryed to upload a pic from my Iphone but can't seem to get it to upload . I will post pics with my pc when I get the chance .
Thx Brian.

Last edited:
metal detecting finds pics

Here are the pics of the items i have found while out metal detecting..

Attachments

• P1020512.jpg
    P1020512.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 51
  • P1020513.jpg
    P1020513.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 31
, and some stuff I can't identify, they are made of brass and are 2" in diameter , they have some marks on them . The marks are mk1 / No 30 / TREN . They look like they clipped on to something round . I found them all in a small area together. Any ideas would be greatful.

Can't tell you exactly what they are off, but sure someone on here will. They look to me like primer protectors that clipped to the bottom of brass shell cases.

There are others who know much more than me on this though, so will hand over to them for a positive ID.

regards Kev

Hi Brian
These are Spiders or poperly known as protectors . they are designed to protect the primers in the base of shells

Primer protectors 2 Pr ?

Looking at the scale of them I would estimate they are from 2 Pounder Anti-Tank rounds.
Pretty rare items I believe!

Thank you all for your quick ID of the items I posted . I have also found some small copper washers in the exact same location , they are about 14mm in diamater and look like compression washers.. I was thinking they had something to do with the primer protectors .I will post a pick of them tomorrow ... Thx Brian