What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

metal free search boots

spotter

UBIQUE
Staff member
Premium Member
Im trying to find some metal free boots for searching in,does anyone know where i can get some in the UK, I know about the altbergs bomb boots as i have 3 pairs already but they are coming to the end of their lives,and the new boots we are issued are pants,so am looking for a cheaper recomended alternative to purchase myself

boots

i dont think these contain any metal spotter and they come in combat colours :xd:

regards lee

Attachments

• camouflage-funky-wellies-395-p.jpg
    camouflage-funky-wellies-395-p.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 13
How about the old standby of heavy socks and Wellingtons?
John

ive never found wellingtons give enough ankle support especially on the rough ground we work on ,I found the altbergs were good but they are just too pricey to privately purchase,i would prefer a combat or walker type

I used Le Chameau wellingtons in very wet conditions and Scarpa SL walking boots othertimes, you'd have to check on the metal content of the Scarpas now, as the pair i used were over 10 years old.
But for comfort and grip the Scarpas took some beating. Pricey though!!

Spotter, Do a search for Non-Magnetic Toe Boots or NMT's. We have a lot to chose from here in the states and plenty of boot outlets also. Danner Boots, a very reputable company here, sells several different designs as well as Converse (Boot). Don't know what they'd charge for import, but it might be something to look into.

Magnum Hi-Tec is a type that some of my work colleagues wear. They are light and give ankle support. I think they are free from metal but best you check before buying any. Regards, XT.