What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills #36 MKI manu. mark

I have a resin replica #36 MKI mills that was supposedly molded off an original. On one of the lugs below fill plug there is an "A". Could someone tell me which manufacturer this one would be??? Dano

Mills knockoff

I figured i'd throw in a couple of pics. as it's not bad for a resin knockoff. I bought it for a filler piece until I obtained an original, and it served its purpose nicely...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 125.jpg
    Picture 125.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Picture 126.jpg
    Picture 126.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 17
  • Picture 127.jpg
    Picture 127.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 15
Hi Dano,

cant find a maker listed as A so i reccon its just a foundry casting mark.

Andy

upright A small 3

Hi Paul and Andy, I just double-checked and the "A" is upright and there is a small "3" on the lug directly below it, so maybe the mould was not made off an "original" as advertised??..Dano

Hi Guys. The A is one of ours. You'll find them facing all directions (upside down, side ways...):tinysmile_cry_t2: I don't know why they were done like this, but in our defence we are on the other side of the world:tinysmile_shy_t:. Cheers

NZ Mills

Thankyou Colin, That solves it. I bought it off (can't think of his name) that guy who peddles a number of resin replicas and his stuff is pretty good. By the way here is pic of that 40mm from gunbroker..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 129.jpg
    Picture 129.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 8
Hi Dano. Thanks for the photo. It's not the one I thought it was. Hopefully I'll be able to show you the said piece soon:tinysmile_shy_t: