What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mills Bomb and launcher

Shell Shifter

I came across one of each of these at an out of the way shop. They were asking $500USD which means maybe $450 or so. This is a bit out of my line but if the price is good I would consider getting them. Does this seem like a good price? Thanks.

If it's the actual cup discharger that clips on the end of the rifle, and includes the launching disk, I would say that it's not a bad price at all.

Seems a bit steep to me if you are talking about the WWII era cup. Quite a few were imported a few years back and I think most, if not all, were Indian made. I still see them occasionally for $75-$125. I'll admit No. 36 Mills bombs aren't very common in the U.S., especially with the launching disc, but I found one for a friend last year for $275 that was very clean and original.

With adjustments up for inflation or down for the bad economy, I guess it's not TOO out of line. Just not a great bargain either.