What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

mine unknow

pat

Ordnance approved
hi

please, identification for this mine , body bakelit or plastic,

thanks in advance

Attachments

• Angola (10).jpg
    Angola (10).jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 163
  • Angola (11).jpg
    Angola (11).jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 183
  • Angola (20).jpg
    Angola (20).jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 168
thanks ivashkin,
but the ppmiba is not identical of this ap mine,

no , not letters or numbers , i have only this pictures

Pat, I have looked at your pictures and I find the pictures have on them the country, Angola. Were they found was really from Angola?

Mark
V40

unknown sea mine 1916

this mine most likely is dated in ww1. It had 6 brass fuse. Its weith was 1000 kg and explosive weith was cca 400 kg unknown mix. Explosive was destroyed by burning, and smoke was gray and white?! probably it isnt TNT, but some other explosive mix. we found and destroyed 50 of these mines without problems. I am in bomb squad for 20 years and if you need any info feel free to contact me on my email adress antoniodjuka@yahoo.com
p.s. i am expert in any kind of ww2 mines and mines used in croatian liberation war.(and misiles)

Last edited:
Hi Pat, can you give me some insight into where you found these photos? It just so happens I have the man who took them sitting next to me now.

He says that there is a number on the mine bottom; ?6-57. Two mines of this type were found and FFE'd in Angola. We are not sure what the name of them is at the moment.

Attachments

• Angola (17).jpg
    Angola (17).jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 28
Unknown AP mine from Angola

Hi EOD and all on the forum,

All the guys involved with this mine to date have been looking towards N Korea as well.
There are some similarities to the M57 'shoebox' AP mine. The designation on this mine is similar but there is so little information available on N Korean AP mines that it is hard to get an accurate identification.

Regards,
O