What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mines of PALAU

Beach Mines;

Two Japanese JE Chemical Horn beach mines with horns missing. They were also used in abundance on Iwo Jima.
John

interesting.

I collect Japanese ordnance, mines are of interest to me. The third picture shows a concrete mine. I think the concrete mines had bottles filled with black powder inside and electrically fired. I'm fortunate to have one double horn mine and three single horn Japanese mines. I know my double horn mine came from Iwo. very interesting.

Jim
JapaneseOrdnance(at)yahoo.com

Link to Japanese Ordnance Page. http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=976

Last edited:
Penang

The group shot of the Sapper Team from 33 Chattenden in Sunday best early 1971 Penang Malay, note the large sea mine, this was German and supplied to the Japaneses in some cases we found the horns for these inverted in side the mine, but can anbody shine light on the correct name for the item at the centre front, it was used to clear sea mines, towed between ships to snag on the mooring cable then detonated to blow the mine , they were powder filled but don't know the name/type. Some of you my know one or two faces in the shot.

REgards John

Attachments

• UKLF Bomb Disposal Team  Penang 1971.jpg
    UKLF Bomb Disposal Team Penang 1971.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 90
Hello

Some good pictures of mines here :

http://www.castle-thunder.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=976&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

attachment.php

Attachments

• japonaises.JPG
    japonaises.JPG
    47.1 KB · Views: 189
  • 1mJwv9-122-resize.jpg
    1mJwv9-122-resize.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 44
  • a.JPG
    a.JPG
    39.3 KB · Views: 49
  • b.JPG
    b.JPG
    46.4 KB · Views: 51
  • c.JPG
    c.JPG
    38.6 KB · Views: 51
I dont collect Japanese ordnance because I centered my collection in ordnance used in Europe, but it is very interesting to see Japanese ammo.