What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

MK 8 Series Naval Rounds

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Does anyone have pictures of the U.S. MK 8 14-INCH / 45 AP projectiles? I am trying to find some good images of these rounds and cannot find any to use in a publication.

Joe

I have a 14 inch APCBC-T projo. I'm not sure if it is a Mk. 8 or not. It has been repainted.

Here is what I have, from U.S. Navy Projectiles and Fuzes, 1945.

Brian

Attachments

• 14 inch A.P. Mk 8.jpg
    14 inch A.P. Mk 8.jpg
    68.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 14 inch info.jpg
    14 inch info.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 15
Joe, I have a Mk. 16 Mod 8 AP, dated 1939 if that will work. I has the copper nose cover that encloses the spotting dye inside the steel windscreen frame, and it has the copper blow out disks around the windscreen for the dye to come out. It was most likely intended for a 14 inch railroad gun, as it was in a group of 3 or 4 Projos that came off of Camp Pendleton 25 to 30 years ago.

Last edited:
Those would be some mice images, if you don't mind posting them. I might be able to use them when we get to those rounds.