What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

modele 1914 French ball grenade

Well the UPS truck just arrived and brought me this one, an m1914 French bracelet ball grenade. It has been a while since I had one so I was glad to get it and my wife got it for me as a birthday gift (nice gal)..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 397.jpg
    Picture 397.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 22
  • Picture 396.jpg
    Picture 396.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 21
Hi Dano,

Is it not round? The right hand photo makes it look out of shape.

John

camera

Trust me John, it's round. My camera is on the fritz and I think it is a shadow. Wis I could have got a good shot of this one because it is in terrific nick...Dano

better picture

I got a little better picture as I took a little more time...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 398.jpg
    Picture 398.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 12
Hey Dano,
I rather like the French balls, they remind me of the cartoons I watched as a kid:)

Ha dano

Well the UPS truck just arrived and brought me this one, an m1914 French bracelet ball grenade. It has been a while since I had one so I was glad to get it and my wife got it for me as a birthday gift (nice gal)..Dano
:tinysmile_grin_t: LOOKS LIKE THATS A PRETTY NICE ONE.CAN YOU TELL IF ITS ALL ORIGNAL,LOOKS LIKE IT IS FROM HERE,IF SO YOU BETTER KEEP HOLD OF THAT GIRL.:tinysmile_classes_t:tinysmile_classes_t
VINNY

I got a little better picture as I took a little more time...Dano

That's better. The reason I asked was that I was asked recently to identify a ball grenade that was the same size as a French Bracelet grenade (10" Circumference) but it only has a small 1/4 inch hole in the top, not the normal wider hole. It was also slightly less than a ball shape. I think it was pre 1800.

John