What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mon-100 / pkc-7

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Question for the landmine guys ... I have a picture of a MON-100 / PKC-7. What is the difference between the two? I have seen both nomenclatures of these mines. I think they are two different mines, but I can't find anything to prove me right. Does anybody have any documentation on this.

Any ideas?

Joe

P1120236.jpg

I have seen both nomenclatures of these mines. I think they are two different mines, but I can't find anything to prove me right. Does anybody have any documentation on this.
Very interesting, why do you think there`re two different mines? I really don`t see any differents between your photo and another photos MON-100. Here we can see only strange cipher.

Is that an actual mine or a copy made for training purposes? (by Miltra or all those others)

I think its a training mine. But I am not sure ... But if you look in Janes, the cutaway image has the same nomenclature on it. I am wondering if it is from another country? I know these are copied by several countries. I just found it interesting that Janes doesn't discuss the different nomenclatures on it.

I think there are two different mines, just because of the nomenclature, not for any other reason. I have seen export models have English nomenclatures instead of Chinese or Russian, but the two don't match up ... then again maybe they don't have too.

But hey, if nothing else, its good for discussion.

Joe

Last edited:
Hard to say now since copies might be in the game. Often copies do not bear the correct markings due to many reasons. The MON-100 itself as well as the overall design was, as you surely know, copied by several countries.
But again, if that one is a copy I would not waste any more time on trying to ID it.

I think its a training mine. But I am not sure ... But if you look in Janes, the cutaway image has the same nomenclature on it. I am wondering if it is from another country? I know these are copied by several countries. I just found it interesting that Janes doesn't discuss the different nomenclatures on it.

Janes not so good directory. Most devices they can`t explaine where they found materials on them :)
If I`m not mistake, MON-100 was copying in Vietnam. But here we can see only cyrilik letters. Maybe it from Bulgaria? Not from Yugoslavia. Or Bulgaria or USSR.

A few file photos of my Vietnam MON 100.

Attachments

• flat with ruler.jpg
    flat with ruler.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 39
  • Side trimmed.jpg
    Side trimmed.jpg
    96.4 KB · Views: 34
  • side turned.jpg
    side turned.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 36
The ones that were used in Vietnam were called Chinese Claymores. SOG did run into them during their excursions across the fence. RT Vermont ran into one with a long string attached to something they didn't know while deep into Laos. Thinking that the NVA woud never mine their own area, one of the yards pulled the string which was attached to a Chinese claymore hidden just a few meters away. BAM, instantly they lost half of the team. The VC also made those mines. They used chunks of small rebar as their fragmentation. Just FYI.

Last edited:
Looks russian (technical control signs):
PICT0036.jpg
But, usually the mine's type is written on the wall, like here:
PICT0035.jpg
I've never seen RKS-100 signing.

Speaking russian, I have no idea what RKS could mean. Maybe it is an export name of this mine - PKC - sounds also strange!
Regarding OTK - TK means technical control, O - I don't know (final?).

Speaking russian, I have no idea what RKS could mean. Maybe it is an export name of this mine - PKC - sounds also strange!
Regarding OTK - TK means technical control, O - I don't know (final?).

ОТК- Отдел технического контроля

It means ... Technical Control Department The factory ... The company ....

Last edited: