What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More ebay paranoia!

navyman

Hello all,
This afternoon I placed a bid on ebay for a pair of paperweights made from what seemed to be 1" aiming round projectiles. There were two bidders before mine. (thanks for noticing them hangerman). To my astonishment I've just received an email from ebay informing me that they had been withdrawn from the auction as; "The item does not conform to ebay rules or is incorrectly described, etc etc".
Looks like that is the first and last time I will be using ebay. Has this world gone mad or is it just me?
If the seller happens to read this I'd be interested to hear from him?
All best,
navyman.

Hello navyman,
They get worse. Are they power crazy or just crazy?
No, it's not you. The world is going mad and sadly, set to get worse!
Keep smiling.
Dave.

I wouldnt let that put you off eBay Guy. Happens all the time. Just got a black mark myself cos someone bubbled me for something a lot of other people have been selling of late.
A word of advice though, next time you see something similar you fancy on feebay, make a note of the sellers id and if it is pulled you can i hope, quietly do a deal.

Something else will come up ime sure. I have seen deac SMLE's sold on there recently with the seller just listing the certificate so there's more than one way to skin a cat.

Best wishes

Andy

Wot Andy said plus see if they are selling anything else and watch that. That way if the item your following gets pulled you have an easy route to get in contact with the seller.

Thanks for your reply chaps,
Ironically I nearly wrote down the sellers address but decided it wasn't necessary as it would turn up on the invoice. I should have done that as it was the first time I'd used ebay and thought it would work as other INERT items I've bought on line.
Oh well, another lesson learned.
Cheers,
navyman.

I'm sure most sellers wouldn't mind doing a deal as they still sell the item and it saves them the cost of re-listing it.