What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More pics in trench WW1

Here are a few more shots of the trench in my basement built to display my collection.............Dano

Attachments

• Picture 190.jpg
    Picture 190.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 130
  • Picture 201.jpg
    Picture 201.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 133
  • Picture 199.jpg
    Picture 199.jpg
    97.1 KB · Views: 119
  • Picture 200.jpg
    Picture 200.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 118
Realy nice

yes realy nice i like it much !!
you should have also some puppets with german Uniforms in it i think it would looks great dano ???

Regards David

Very well done.

There is a similar display at the West Point museum. I am meaning to go there and I will make a point of getting some pics of it.

Hmmm,:hmmmm: Open it up on the weekends,charge a buck a person,make a little money for new items??Maybe invite local school kids,a history tour?? Theres alot of possibilities.But with todays political climate,would that be doable?

newest in trench pic

I took this picture of trench display today 2-10-10..Dano

Attachments

• Picture 457.jpg
    Picture 457.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 31
Hey Dano,

I like the old WWI photos you have placed there. Did you ever get any barbed wire to spruce up your display? I didn't see any in the photos of your trench.

Hi John, thanks for the nice comments. I am looking for some original WW1 barbed wire. GWM used to sell it but their supply is depleated. I do know where a very old barbed fence line runs that is years defunct. I am pondering on the idea of relieving the land owner the liability of a sue happy squatter suing them for getting tetanus and making it a safer environment. I imagine importing the real stuff would cost more in shipping than it is worth. I am looking to add barbed wire, some corrugated tin (iron would be too heavy) and also like a fully dressed doughboy manakin (my funk n wagnalls has failed me) to stand guard. Actually the wife and I have the house up for sale and am looking at a property with 3 large pole barns, and the plan would to use a whole pole barn and set up a trench system and really do it up with sound effects and all (I'm serious). But for right now a night-op to liberate the barbed wire is in the plan...Dano