What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

more shell cartidges/german belt buckle

fashinmick

hi

here i have my collection of ww2 cartidges and a ww2 german belt buckle i found in my shed the first bullet 13cm long 2cmdia(at base ) and has SL & 43 printed on the base the second bullet is 8.2cm long and 1.3cm dia at base and has G16 & VII printed on the base the third picture is the german belt buckle and has GOTT MIT UNS printed on the the front and has a eagle above a swastica design and has R.S&S printed on the back the fourth and fifth pics i do not know anything about all i know is that the bullets was found in the thames estaury!!! just wondering if anybody knows anything about the items in my collection

many thanks mitch bullets 004.jpg

bullets 008.jpg

bullets 002.jpg

bullets 003.jpg

bullets 012.jpg

your second G16VII is a .303 british ball WW1 ordinary
Your first lead ball seem to be a .450

Hi mitch,
The bullet on the left looks like a .455" Webly,your belt buckle was made by Richard Simm & Sohn from Gablonz
Cheers
Tony

the third picture is the german belt buckle and has GOTT MIT UNS printed on the the front and has a eagle above a swastica design.

Belt buckle is standard Whermacht issue for WW2 Translation reads GOD WITH US.
Hangarman

the third picture is the german belt buckle and has GOTT MIT UNS printed on the the front and has a eagle above a swastica design.

Belt buckle is standard Whermacht issue for WW2 Translation reads GOD WITH US.
Hangarman

Belt buckle is a standard Heer(army) buckle . wehrmacht is , Heer, Luftwaffe and Kriegsmarine .

Last edited:
Belt buckles of this light alloy(leichtmetall) type were manufactured from 1935 untill 1940 when replaced by pressed metal types,so pre to very early WW2 issue.
Cheers
Tony.....we got mittens too!

Top pressed metal Army(Heer)
Middle Airforce(Lufftwaffe)
Bottom SS
The Navy(Kriegsmarine) wore the same buckle as the Army but in gilt
Cheers Tony

Attachments

• PA240001.jpg
    PA240001.jpg
    94 KB · Views: 16
Bullets

The first (larger) round is 13cm long, so is a .50 Browning, not a .30-06. It was made at St.Louis Ordnance Plant in the US in 193.

The second is a .303 Mark VII ball round made at Greenwood & Batley, Leeds, in 1916.

The left hand bullet does indeed look like a .455 Webley Mark II ball round as Tony says, whilst the one on the right seems to be a .577 Minie type bullet, probably from an Enfield muzzle loader, but possibly from a Snider conversion.

Regards
TonyE

ww2 cartridges

hi

all the cartridges and bullets was found all in the same place do you know why all the bullets and cartridges were foung in the same place and why do you think it ended up with ww2 bullets & cartrigdes

mitch

Last edited: