What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

More WWI Fuzes

EODGUY

A few more of my WWI era fuzes. The Russian 21 second PTTF is mounted with a small tag that says "Russsian 21 second combination time and percussion shrapnel fuse. Manufactured by the Taft Peirce Mfg Company, Woonsocket, R.I., U.S.A." The 1907 is shown with the brass fuze cover that it came in with the container marked 1907. The Mk III AAF is an anti-aircraft fuze.

Attachments

• Mk III AAF.jpg
    Mk III AAF.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 74
  • Mk I MT.jpg
    Mk I MT.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 83
  • Russian 21 sec.jpg
    Russian 21 sec.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 88
  • Russian 21 sec 2.jpg
    Russian 21 sec 2.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 92
  • Russian 21 sec 3.jpg
    Russian 21 sec 3.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Type S.jpg
    Type S.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Stokes fuze.jpg
    Stokes fuze.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 93
  • 1907.jpg
    1907.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 94
awesome

Another great set of WW1 fuzes EODGUY. I really like the Chinese hats, especially the cutaways. That is the first cover that I have seen for the m1907 Scooville, just awesome. I was wondering could you tell me about 2nd fuze from left in top row. I'm not familiar with that one and would like to know what it is. Also in the middle of bottom row, not familiar with that one either. Thanks so much.........Dano

Last edited:
Hello Dano,

Here's the I.D. of the fuzes you were wondering about: The 2nd from the left on top is a U.S. Waltham Mark I 75 second mechanical time fuze developed in 1918. It was our first true M/T fuze, used in the 5 & 6-inch seacoast guns, our 155mm, and in an antiaircraft role. The bottom middle fuze is a U.S. Trench mortar fuze, Mark VI used on our 3 & 4-inch Stokes mortar rounds.

Best regards,

Randall

Hello Dano,

Here's the I.D. of the fuzes you were wondering about: The 2nd from the left on top is a U.S. Waltham Mark I 75 second mechanical time fuze developed in 1918. It was our first true M/T fuze, used in the 5 & 6-inch seacoast guns, our 155mm, and in an antiaircraft role. The bottom middle fuze is a U.S. Trench mortar fuze, Mark VI used on our 3 & 4-inch Stokes mortar rounds.

Best regards,

Randall
Thanks a million Randall, I did figure them to be U.S. but had no idea on the application. The Waltham amazes me in that it has a much more "modern" as in WW2ish appearance to it. I should be more up on my U.S. stuff but really devote my time to WW1 German in particular. Thanks again.....Dano

Hi EODGUY,

nice pics.
I have one quite similar to the first one you posted. It is only written
ANTI AIRCRAFT LOT 2192 12 BH 18
Maybe it is the one you showed on the last pic? If so what is it exact name and used for what projectile?
So am I right, that your first one is a british type and my one and your last one may be an US type? I hope to be able to post some pics the next couple of days to clear things.
thanks
nudelmannrichter