What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mortar fuze former Yougoslavia

Yodamaster

Ordnance approved
Hello,
I need to have a correct actual origin country of the two fuzes that I found in Kosovo (2001).
The fuzes are UTM 5 and UTM 94 (see pics).
Can someone help me ?

Thanks

Yoda

Attachments

• Utm5-07.jpg
    Utm5-07.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 44
  • Utm5-08.jpg
    Utm5-08.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 32
  • Utm94-08.jpg
    Utm94-08.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 40
  • Utm94-09.jpg
    Utm94-09.jpg
    34.5 KB · Views: 32
That will be difecult, we found a lot of them in Bosnia but I am not for sure or these where produced over there. We have these and simular fuzes but smaller used on rifle gernades also.

Last edited:
Hi BLU97,

I known the difficulty of my request. It's a problematic situation. I will put these fuze in a database and I will be so correct as possible. I can easilly place them under "former yougoslavia", but that's a facility solution. If it is possible, I would place them under a correct land of origin.

Thanks for help :top:

Yoda

This is impact fuse produced in Bosnia and Herzegovina during war 1992-1995 for mortar shells 60mm and 82mm. it has very similar construction but simpler to some point to UT M62P3 fuse.
If material of the is similar to cardboard than fuse is produced in factories in city Zenica but also fuse body can be made of plastic.

Hi Al'Saad,

thanks for answer. My fuzes are made in a sort of grey-yellow hard plastic.
UTM5 was found on a 60 mm HE mortar, UTM93 was found on a 81 mm mortar. All two were disposed by LO technics so that I could find the fuzes back.

great thanks :hello:

Yoda

Hi Al'Saad,

thanks for answer. My fuzes are made in a sort of grey-yellow hard plastic.
UTM5 was found on a 60 mm HE mortar, UTM93 was found on a 81 mm mortar. All two were disposed by LO technics so that I could find the fuzes back.

great thanks :hello:

Yoda

if the plastic is not slick, but is slightly rugged than and when you touch it feels like cardboard than it is fuse made in Zenica.

Her some exampels we have, a M-5 for the 60 and 82 mm mortar and a M-3 as used on rifle greneades. Perhaps al'saad can make something out of the markings.
PS photo's are a bit red but the color is tha same as the one on the rifke grenade.

Attachments

• DSCN1312.jpg
    DSCN1312.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 25
  • DSCN1313.jpg
    DSCN1313.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN1314.jpg
    DSCN1314.jpg
    94.6 KB · Views: 32
  • DSCN1318.JPG
    DSCN1318.JPG