What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Multiple Barrel Small Arms

Cutaway

If anyone here is up for discussing about multiple barrel small arms (IE: SMGs, Assault Rifles, GPMGs etc) or finds any post here.

Asides that, does anyone here think it would be effective on the battlefield, for example as an alternative to barrel cooling or for rapid fire purposes?

Last edited by a moderator:
The average smg, assault rifle or gpmg does not have a multi barrel system unless you mean in swapping multi barrels ( depends how many you have) like the Brengun for cooling. Do you mean the Mini gun that has a high rate of fire but you need a truck to carry the vast weight of ammo that it can consume. Are you taking about mounted multi barreled weapons ie on a truck as mentioned and aircraft boat etc or man carried?

Last edited:
The average smg, assault rifle or gpmg does not have a multi barrel system unless you mean in swapping multi barrels ( depends how many you have) like the Brengun for cooling. Do you mean the Mini gun that has a high rate of fire but you need a truck to carry the vast weight of ammo that it can consume. Are you taking about mounted multi barreled weapons ie on a truck as mentioned and aircraft boat etc or man carried?

I dont mean the same old "handheld M134 Minigun" or any absurd nonsense which has been discussed billions of times on the net, but the likes of somthing more realistic like the TKB-059, Nikonov LMG, Villar Perosa etc. Its that i thought if somthing similar would be an alternative to the M134 but on vehicles/speedboats and aircraft. As for somthing man portable, it would be in the form of a smg/assault rifle but increase the capability to that of a GPMG. As for a GPMG it would have the capability, or near to that of the M134 but this would obviously be a mounted weapon. I wouldnt say that Multiple Barrel Firearms are that necessarily overcomplicated when it comes to maintaining/field stripping but just the equivalent of maintaining more than one conventional weapon.