What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mvh-2m

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Here is some pictures of the MVH-2M

Can anyone tell me where this one was manufactured?

Joe

Attachments

• DSC_8366.jpg
    DSC_8366.jpg
    228.2 KB · Views: 60
  • DSC_8374.jpg
    DSC_8374.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 63
Joe, the fuze is correctly a MVN-2M, it seems there was an error in the previous transliteration. Be aware that Latin looking letters in Cyrillic do not always represent the corresponding Letter in Latin.

The lot number on engineer munitions reads here the same way as on Russian items where the factory is on pos 1. Means factory-lot-year.
The factory here is 211 for which I have no positive ID. The year looks like 1983.

Thanks ... I was in a hurry when I posted and noticed I messed up the translation. Thanks ... Would be interesting if someone knew where factory 211 is.

I am the first wo wants to know that. Even my contacts in BG could not ID it positively.

Factory 211 is in Russia. Factory was in Leningrad. I would guess this fuze as made there and then shipped to Bulgaria. This would line up with the 83 year as well. This is also the second fuze I have seen with this code that was attributed to Bulgaria. Yet I can find nothing connecting a factory 211 in Bulgaria.

Joe