What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my 40mm Bofors shell

This is my 40mm Bofors shell that I got from Indiana surplus, WWII dated (1944) and repainted to represent a naval shell. The Shell was cheap (19.95 + shipping) and was demilled by a slight cut on driving band. The projectile came painted black, which I redid in OD with white and red fuze (naval colors according to my source EJ's ordnance.) This is the only 40mm Bofors I own, but considering getting a few more because of cheap peice. The casing is steel and had been painted drab, I guess to simulate brass. WWII is not my speciality area but am very happy to have this one. I think I need at least 1 more so she can have a "mate" so to speak. There are still good deals out there to be had if one exercises a little patience...Best to all...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 202.jpg
    Picture 202.jpg
    40.6 KB · Views: 53
Last edited:
This is my 40mm Bofors shell that I got from Indiana surplus, WWII dated (1944) and repainted to represent a naval shell. ....... I think I need at least 1 more so she can have a "mate" so to speak.
Why stop at 1? (Very nice job, BTW)

Attachments

• WNUS_4cm-56_mk12_Alaska_passing_pic.jpg
    WNUS_4cm-56_mk12_Alaska_passing_pic.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 44