What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My favorite war (2020)

sksvlad

A very interesting documentary, half animation, half live footage https://www.imdb.com/title/tt12354896/ about growing up in Latvia in 1970's to 1990's period. A highly personal, intimate way describing one Latvian family history, from IIWW on. I can fully relate to all the aspects, since I too belonged to that period of time and place. I too watched "Czterej Panceri i pies", a Polish TV comedy series "4 tank crew and a dog" about a IIWW Polish tank crew. I also practically grew up in Parnu, Estonia, and travelled in Latvia and Lithuania. I too remember passing by Klaipeda, a huge Soviet naval base. I left in 1978 and know nothing personally about the fall of the USSR. So it was very interesting to watch the second half of this movie. This work is a must to someone interested in the Soviet Union and totalitarian politics in general.