What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My First Cutaway - Fuze

Darren

I have just finished my first sectioned fuze project and wanted to share the results. It is not perfect but i am happy with the result and have learnt alot from it which will be a great help when i get around to doing another.

British N9 Mk1 Mechanical Time Fuze

Darren

Attachments

• 006 (464 x 889).jpg
    006 (464 x 889).jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 164
Excellent result Darren, congratulations on your first cut.......be warned though, it can become quite addictive!!

thanks for sharing
kind regards Kev

Hi Darren,
That is a great looking job you have done there, a million times better than anything i could do. Thanks for showing us and look forward to seeing your next project,
Best regards Weasel.

Great stuff.
I would love to try this on something. What is the general way of going about a cutaway? What do you use to do the cutting?

Andrew

Great stuff.
I would love to try this on something. What is the general way of going about a cutaway? What do you use to do the cutting?

Andrew

Andrew,
There are various ways to produce a cutaway, it all depends on what tools you can afford and what tools/methods you feel comfortable using. Good results can be achieved using basic tools like a hacksaw and a file, more complex tools like milling machines and lathes can can also be used.

Darren

Very nice Darren and well cut with all detail remaining.
That little "tool" you bought sure is coming in handy !

Look forward to seeing your future products Darren:top: