What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My German Bomb Fuzes

satan18

Now the collection Rooms built i am able to display everything in
its proper order and still have more arranging to do but will do
it over time.

Hear are some variants of the 17 timed delay fuze ranging from
straight 17s both Rhs 1940 marked right up to emergency pattern
steel bodied fuzes,and the plastic clock cased variant of the 17a*single phase siren 562.jpgsingle phase siren 563.jpg

Very nice stuff, Phil :)

To display several similar sized objects on a limited area, you might think about some suitable acryl-stairs; there is a great selection available in the net, even made to measure is possible.

treppe-safe-5265.jpg just for example, many other configurations are feasible.

Thanks Sudelmuk im looking at ways to display items well and working
on a rack system for 50 kilo bombs but like the step racks

Regards phil

Will be adding more as theres two more cabinets,with
Loads of bits still to be posted.

Thanks Dan

Sounds good! have you been working on much recently? I know you do some great restoration work. Sorry to divert the thread a bit.

Hi Dan
ive had a few set backs last year, ie i lost my father last April and was involved in a major
road Accident in the August of 2013,so was realy glad to see the back of last year,but now
have re kindled my interest again and have been doing various restorations for friends and
catching up on my bits to.
mainly projectiles and a few SD2s which was nice to do again.
ive nearly finished my latest which is a pre ww1 6 inch AP round and will be posting results ASP.
Im getting back to full swing again and will be starting some new posts soon.

Regards Phil

Hi Dan
ive had a few set backs last year, ie i lost my father last April and was involved in a major
road Accident in the August of 2013,so was realy glad to see the back of last year,but now
have re kindled my interest again and have been doing various restorations for friends and
catching up on my bits to.
mainly projectiles and a few SD2s which was nice to do again.
ive nearly finished my latest which is a pre ww1 6 inch AP round and will be posting results ASP.
Im getting back to full swing again and will be starting some new posts soon.

Regards Phil

Sorry to hear this news Phil, losing a parent is bad enough without anything else on top. I hope 2014 is treating you better.

Look forward to seeing your latest projects.

regards Kev

Thanks Kev,yes so far 2014 has been better and theres normality returning to the Family
again,so will be catching up with projects and friends

Regards Phil

Hi Phil,Sorry to hear you had a bereavement and other problems,I hope the future holds good fortune for you,
Regards,
Don,

Thanks Don i am on the up now and firmly concerntrating on family friends and ordnance all in
that order lol.

Regards Phil

Hi Phil, Just caught up with the post, sorry to hear that but glad to have you back on board, I had noticed you hadn't posted for a while. Going back to the Sd2's, the pins or rods that hold on the wings has a kind of spilit end that opens up to secure it in place, have you mastered a way of doing that? I was going to trying putting a fine notch or cut you might call it in the end of the securing rod then I was going to try to open it up using a flat screw driver but I am not confident this will work. I think it really needs driving against a wedge much like a solid rivet would be formed. Not sure I am making any sense but hopefully you will you know what I mean. Dan

Hi Dan.ive seen several methods of wing attachment with pins or rivets
And I use a single headed rivet and tap the other end over
To form the dome .
That's one way which is correct,and the other is a pin with
A cut at either end which is more fiddly.
I'm starting a Hungarian sd2 and will post the methods
Of attachment in restorations.
All the best Phil

Hi Phil, Really looking forward to your Sd2 restoration thread, I am sure a lot of people will find this of interest. Dan

I've had a few set backs last year.
I lost my father last April and was involved in a major road Accident in the August of 2013, so was really glad to see the back of last year.
But now have re kindled my interest again and have been doing various restorations for friends and catching up on my bits to.

Just read this Phil, hope every thing is getting better.

Can you give any updates on your latest projects please?