What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

my new Shell-What do I have ?

I got this shell in a trade from my buddy tonight, and needsome help to ID it. It seem to be intact (w/out a charge),it is approx 10 1/2talland approx 80mm in diameter. The Fuze is marked “LWMZ dr.2” and T.K.D.18. Thetop side of the shell is marked “2769” over “UU”. The center of the side of theshell is mark first line“1A”,second line “1483 round mark A 18”,third line “20 20 20”,fourthline SS UU ??. the side is also marked w/a letter N inblack paint.The bottom side of the shell is marked “41.. the same round markas above A A! 18 GGF 20 UU.I have look around on the web, but couldn’t find any information onit. Help

Attachments

• mini-s1.jpg
    mini-s1.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 81
  • mini-s2.jpg
    mini-s2.jpg
    54.4 KB · Views: 70
  • mini-s3.jpg
    mini-s3.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 68
  • s4.jpg
    s4.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 86
  • mini-s5.jpg
    mini-s5.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 74
  • mini-s6.jpg
    mini-s6.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 71
  • s7.jpg
    s7.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
I got this shell in a trade from my buddy tonight, and needsome help to ID it. It seem to be intact (w/out a charge),it is approx 10 1/2talland approx 80mm in diameter. The Fuze is marked “LWMZ dr.2” and T.K.D.18. Thetop side of the shell is marked “2769” over “UU”. The center of the side of theshell is mark first line“1A”,second line “1483 round mark A 18”,third line “20 20 20”,fourthline SS UU ??. the side is also marked w/a letter N inblack paint.The bottom side of the shell is marked “41.. the same round markas above A A! 18 GGF 20 UU.I have look around on the web, but couldn’t find any information onit.

s4+1.jpgThanks for the information. I have three more dumb questions, is the T.K.D. 18 the year it was manufactured(1918) , what is the inter cylinder for and what does the letter N means?

the cylinder contained a smoke charge and a message. The smoke charge should have marked the point where the message fell on the earth. The "N" means "Nachrichtenmine" = message shell. Yes, 18 is 1918 and TKD the manufacturer of the fuze (today unknown...)