What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My second grenade.

SG500

Premium Member
I bought my first grenade 35 years ago, it was a mills and it cost a fiver in an antique shop.
Yesterday I bought my second, what is it about beano's? They're just really nice things! This one cost a bit more than a fiver but is worth it.
Dave.
20th July 2011 010.jpg20th July 2011 008.jpg20th July 2011 009.jpg20th July 2011 013.jpg20th July 2011 012.jpg20th July 2011 014.jpg

If thats your second one Dave, I sure wouldn't mind sticking around to see your third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats one mighty fine grenade, and although not in my line I appreciate quality when I see it.

Great find..........have you been in your 'time machine' again?? LOL !!!

kind regards Kev

If thats your second one Dave, I sure wouldn't mind sticking around to see your third!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats one mighty fine grenade, and although not in my line I appreciate quality when I see it.

Great find..........have you been in your 'time machine' again?? LOL !!!

kind regards Kev

Thanks Kev, yes the time machine was working well this week.
Dave.

When you go off tangent Dave you certainly come back with the bacon !One very nice grenade there.
Thanks Chris, someone once said to me "this isn't pie in the sky, its steak on a plate!":tinysmile_fatgrin_t
Dave.

Nice and complete, but an unusual color - No doubt with the markings that it was original, but I wonder if it was an R&D piece never meant to go to the field? Don't think I've ever seen one that shade of green before.

Nice and complete, but an unusual color - No doubt with the markings that it was original, but I wonder if it was an R&D piece never meant to go to the field? Don't think I've ever seen one that shade of green before.
Thanks, I've never seen one before other than in photos so am low down on the learning curve with Beanos. If it is and R&D piece that's even better, right in my collecting zone.
Dave.

Hello Dave,

Nice Find!

In the first photo it appears that the body may have two seperate layers of paint, with one layer applied over the yellow nomenclature markings?

Stay safe,

Frank

Hello Dave,

Nice Find!

In the first photo it appears that the body may have two seperate layers of paint, with one layer applied over the yellow nomenclature markings?

Stay safe,

Frank

Thanks Frank and good spot! I've had a really close look at it, you're right there is newer paint over the old in places, looks like someone has done a bit of improvement on the paint, odd though because the original markings are still quite clear under the newer paint and in places its not been done especially well, I wonder if the guys testing it just splashed some paint on it. My main area of knowledge/interest is shells rather than grenades and I've certainly seen shells that have got repainted back in the old days presumably by the military rather than by keen collectors.
Dave.

Hello Dave,

Defiantly hard to figure out the who's / what's / why's on some of these things, especially after 70+ Years!

Stay safe,

Frank