What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Mystery tool for a 27mm Mauser

SG500

Premium Member
The attached photographs show various images of a standard 27 X 145/B Mauser round next to a strange tool of some sort.

The case length on the tool appears to be of the experimental 27 X 143 case length but its got an adjustable screw threaded section inside and a cap that screws onto it.

This came out of an old collection and at the time there were 4 of them sold. All were exactly the same so I wouldn't think its a fake.

Does anyone know what its for?

Dave.

Attachments

• 31 May 09 003.JPG
    31 May 09 003.JPG
    67.4 KB · Views: 109
  • 31 May 09 004.JPG
    31 May 09 004.JPG
    68.4 KB · Views: 134
Just a reminder on this one guys, surely someone out there has knows what its for? Could it be some sort of chamber gauge?

Dave.

No Spotter, no luck on this one.
I know of 2 other identical ones though so its clearly something real as opposed to made up by an over eager engineer.
Dave.

I showed my friend and it's not to the correct specifications for a 27mm round , he says it's probably a home made attempt at a rare tool , sorry I couldn't help any more
-Tim