What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

naval Very cartridge info needed.

tigbrand

Premium Member
Have just got with some later flares,a clean 1" Very cartridge, headstamp is as follows 3-30 R^L VI T/N. Any info on this cartridge appreciated. Naval issue flares seem quite scarce. Many thanks Tony.

Very

Based on the headstamp you have quoted it was made at Royal Laboratory, Woolwich in March 1930 and is a Mark VI. The "T" indicates a black powder charge and the "/N" simply indicates naval use.

Has it got a coloured top wad or a serrated rim to indicate the colour?

Regards
TonyE

Very Cartdridge.

Hi Tony, the center tube is gone ,the rim is smooth. Thanks for the info,regards Tony.

Hi tigbrand.
Could you post some pictures of the cartridge?
would be helpfull for ident. i had wrote a book about signal cartridges and writing the second atm. would be also helpfull for me if the cartridge is unknown. ;-)

Very Cartdridge.

Hi Flare will do as soon as i can find my phone to usb lead! Cheers Tony.

flare

Pics(bad) of h-stamp on 1" naval Very cart shown with pair of 1.5 " cases. Flare, what is your book on flares called,does it have an ISBN no?? regards tony.

Thanks for the pictures.
Could you please measure the cartridge (length an length of the head peace).
The book ive wrote is about german signal cartridges (isbn 978-3-933481-12-2). Actual im writing a book about european cartridges because of this your informations are very helpful.