What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID for 40mm grenades

Spaceinvader

Hello!
I plan on buying a few items from a fellow, and I still have yet to find a 40mm grenade example, so I am planning on buying the 1st, and 3rd grenades in this picture (left to right). Can anyone identify the exact kind? Im guessing the first is a low velocity TP, no idea about the other. I tried loking online but cant find a good resource. Hope someone can help. Thanks!

Attachments

• 40mm.jpg
    40mm.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 71
Ah ofcourse, I knew Ive seen those short cases with other projectiles. What do you think they are worth? Im guessing your our resident 40mm grenade expert :)

Hi. I'm afraid I'm on the wrong side of the world to comment on the value of these rounds in Canada. Cheers

Ahh, alright, no worries. One last question, what type of projectile is the second one? Ive seen them advertised as "flashbang" (whatever that means), TP, HE and M919.

Hi it looks to be an M918 40mm high pressure round. These practice rounds were used with the Mk19 automatic grenade launcher. Cheers

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 15