What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID on this rocket, reecovered in Vietnam

weberoed

Ordnance approved
Was going through some files I came across this rocket. I recovered it in Vietnam decades ago and never did get an ID. maybe this time I'll have better luck from you guys
Mikescan0043.jpg

Was fired, could not determine method of ignition, obvious it is a HEAT round. The team leader reused a "take apart" andit was blown. FYI it came about after we were trying to clear out some bunkers and a soldier came walking up with it and said "hey what is this?"

there were no marking, as best I can remember it was somewhere around 60mm in dia (but thats trying to remember from 40 plus years ago)

It looks like an Improved LAW (ILAW) with a different fin arrangement.

It does look like the drawing, I forgot about ordata - but it seems to not open all the time. wish I could get this one to open like to see what they say about it. But it did come from VN, the other thing I remember was it didn't look like something that was made in the back woods jungle. More like a manufactured item.

Finally got it to open. Looks like somebody got to take one apart by looking at the fuze, but the one I had was BIP'd. So there must have been at least one more found. The other thing the one I found was black not green.