What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need ID

zix013

Hello everyone!
I have been following this interesting forum for a long time. The time has come that I need help identifying this landmine. It was found in the Danube River near Belgrade. The inspection confirmed that the mine contains explosives. Despite all our efforts, we have not been able to find out anything more, so we are asking for your help... Thx

Attachments

• 1662053097151.jpg
    1662053097151.jpg
    188.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 1662053097145.jpg
    1662053097145.jpg
    211.8 KB · Views: 74
Known as M39 (pressure fuze with "french" design)

Last edited:
Yes. That's it. Meanwhile, I also found this information in "TM 5-280, Foreign Mine Warfare Equipment". It seems that the Kingdom of Yugoslavia produced this mine under an Italian license. I'll try to persuade the guys from the EOD team not to destroy it, but to consider the possibility of delaboration. Thank you very much for the information and I wish you all the best...
Metal Pot Mine.jpg

It seems that the Kingdom of Yugoslavia produced this mine under an Italian license.

Where did you find this info, please ?

Italy didn't have anything like this landmine at that time.

Regards
stecol

My fault. I quickly thought that the description posted by sgdbdr described an Italian mine. When I translated the text, I saw that it describes a Yugoslav mine. It seems to be the original design after all. Sorry...

No matter, don't worry.

It would have been interesting news, but the text is in Italian only because I think they were the only ones to reuse them.
The Regio Esercito's hunger for anti-tank mines was known, any device was used .... Italian, german, hungarian, french, british .....

Regards
stecol