What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need info about the reliability of a "books to CD" vendor

HAZORD

Premium Member
Hey guys,

Somehow I got on an email list for a vendor (Lothar B. Tabbert) that sells books that have been scanned to CD. I haven't purchased anything from him, but some of the material looks interesting. He is located in Europe though, so I have been reluctant to buy because of the shipping issues, and not knowing anything about him and his products.

I'm wondering if anyone in BOCN has purchased his products, what the quality of the product is, and any other comments that might be important? There is another vendor (CSAEOD) in the U.S. that sells a similar product, that I will not purchase from.

Last edited:
One must be careful about "scanned" books. There can be a question of copywrite. Books published by the US government are not copywritted and can be reproduced by anyone (as is done by CSAEOD).

A detailed search of the internet will often find books already scanned.

I have bought 5-6 CDs from him and have been very satisfied with them, I much prefer a book, but most of his stuff can't be easily obtained in the original form. And they have all arrived in a short time fron Europe.

Thanks for the info guys! Highlandotter, in the books that you purchased, were the scans done well, so that a person can see all of the pages clearly, or did they look like someone mashed a book down on the scanner and the middle part is too dark and stretched?

Last edited: