What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need info: War & Peace Show

M

Mikey25

Hi guys,

I need some info about the W&P Show in Kent. I'm thinking about visiting this year, but I'm not sure if it's worth it.

I'm looking for post WWII hand grenades and rocket launchers. What can I expect?

Also, the website is too messy for me. Information overload.
I'm thinking about just going for a day or 2. Are all days thesame? I'm really going for the "fair" part..

Thanks! :)

Well worth the trip Mikey. :)
Be sure to book hotel/camping/digs whatever around now though.

best

waff

Will I find British LAW tubes there (L1A1)? If yes, any idea on the prices in the UK

Thinking about visiting, solely for the L1A1...

In my limited experience of arms fairs I have discovered that the more you pay in entrance charges the better the deals you get. I now regard the cheaper fairs as a waste of time and money. Anyway, I had a great first-ever visit to War & Peace in 2009. For a novice like me it was well worth the high cost (three days at 17 per day). And there was the added excitement of being stopped and searched (under the Prevention of Terrorism Act) by a Kent policeman. I am definitely going this year.

In my limited experience of arms fairs I have discovered that the more you pay in entrance charges the better the deals you get. I now regard the cheaper fairs as a waste of time and money. Anyway, I had a great first-ever visit to War & Peace in 2009. For a novice like me it was well worth the high cost (three days at 17 per day). And there was the added excitement of being stopped and searched (under the Prevention of Terrorism Act) by a Kent policeman. I am definitely going this year.

The higher the entrance fees, the better the deals. That's thesame here.

But.. Have you seen LAW tubes? :p

Don't forget that anything you buy over here thats deactivated, will be to uk spec.
And if you take it back to your country our deac specs probably wont meet your countrys requirements as most countrys are different and it will need to be recertified to your countrys specs which also might cause some issues getting it through customs ?

from bazooka chris

Don't forget that anything you buy over here thats deactivated, will be to uk spec.
And if you take it back to your country our deac specs probably wont meet your countrys requirements as most countrys are different and it will need to be recertified to your countrys specs which also might cause some issues getting it through customs ?

from bazooka chris

Empty LAW tubes are legal here and openly sold on fairs (under the careful eye of the police). I guess British LAWs are too?