What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Label Information for German Ammo Crate

ekim199944

The crate I have is wooden and metal lined. Has "Oben Nicht werfen! Luftdicht verpackt" printed on top. It originally came full of boxes of 7.92×33mm Kurz ammo, for the MP44. The labels have all come off, but you can see where they were. Does anyone have pictures of the correct labels, or tell me where I can look for them, for this box. I would like to label it for a display. Also what were they coated with, it looks like orange shellac or varnish.

The crate I have is wooden and metal lined. Has "Oben Nicht werfen! Luftdicht verpackt" printed on top. It originally came full of boxes of 7.92×33mm Kurz ammo, for the MP44. The labels have all come off, but you can see where they were. Does anyone have pictures of the correct labels, or tell me where I can look for them, for this box. I would like to label it for a display. Also what were they coated with, it looks like orange shellac or varnish.

The label for this kind of wooden crate is for example 1260 Kurzpatronen 43 m.E. 1945 hla 11,12,21

I add some pictures.The second label 1260 is from annother wooden box.Also earlier fuze wooden box but not airtight(luftdicht verpackt).At the end of 1944 the German has not enough normal wooden boxes -B Luftdichter Patronenkasten (2100,2200 or 2400 cartridges), Patronenkasten 88 B( 2100) or Patronenkasten 900( 1260 Kurzpatronen)therfore the used similar boxes.

I am always looking for boxes,battlepacks or wooden crates with labels 7.92x33 (Maschinenkarabiner-Patronen S,Pistolenpatronen 43m.E. or Kurzpatronen 43 m.E.).I need all information for my book about the development and production of the " 7.9 Kurzpatrone".

Norbert Berghla 21 Patronenkasten.jpg1945 hla 21  Kasten 1260.jpghla 21 Innenaufkleber überklebt.jpghla 21 Patronenkasten oben.jpgPatr-Kast hla 7 45  dnf 1194.jpg
Aufkleber Patr.Kasten 8x33.JPG

Attachments

• 1945 hla 21 edq  580 Kiste 1260B_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    1945 hla 21 edq 580 Kiste 1260B_bearbeitet-1.jpg
    305.5 KB · Views: 19
Last edited: