What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need Some Help With These Ordnance Items!

Jagd301

Hello Everyone, The first picture here is the big Iraqi artillery shell case which was one of a pair brought back from the 1991 Gulf War. Ive been bit confused with this one as in a book its referred to as a 152-mm when its actually only 140-mm, ive checked the measurements and its deffinately 140-mm. A headstamp pic also follows, sorry i couldnt get any closer or clearer and hope it will do. The attached white label is the NBC free certificate issued prior to it being shipped back to the Officers Mess at Germany where it was kept for me. The other photos are pair of Iraqi 37-mm M1939 AA shell casings, one is brass the other steel, thought id add these for interest. Last item is an unknown Fuze container for an electric time fuze, this was one of a pair picked up somewhere outside Kuwait after the ceasefire. I would like to know what kind of fuze this was from. Regards to all.

Attachments

• Pair of Iraqi 37mm M1939 anti aircraft shell cases found near the gun that fired them after the .jpg
    Pair of Iraqi 37mm M1939 anti aircraft shell cases found near the gun that fired them after the .jpg
    90.7 KB · Views: 33
Last edited:
Hi Jaqd301
The fuze tin is i believe for the 155mm artillery round made at Chorley February 1988
Im sure several of our knowlegable members will be able to add more details and positive ID on the shell cases.

Fuze Tin ID.

Cheers for the ID on the fuze tin! I had an idea it was from large calibre artillery fuze of some sort and that has given me something to go on, so thanks very much again and best regards. Tim.

Is the big shell case not a 130 mm Russian (also Chinese made) M46 field gun case? This one should measure 140x845R184.7mm.

Is the big shell case not a 130 mm Russian (also Chinese made) M46 field gun case? This one should measure 140x845R184.7mm.

Will try and find tape measure out and get accurate measurements, but 140x845R sounds about right on this one. Thanks very much for the input on this one.