What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Need some ID help with a few cases and fuses

mdot633

Can anyone tell me the origins of this casing? It's 47x378 (approx) but has no markings on it anywhere.
IMG_1333.jpgIMG_1334.jpg
For the fuse guys, I need help IDing the below fuses
IMG_1298.jpgIMG_1301.jpg
Thanks!

Mike

The case is for a Hothckiss gun (47x380R76) or for a 3-pounder gun (47x376R64). There are several types of both, varying from before 1900 up to WW2. The primer diameter might tell you more.

What is the rim diameter and the primer diameter?

hello

The fuze where you can read GR.Z.04 is... a GR.Z.04 fuze (german, WWI). On the second picture, I guess it's the upper part of a russian schrapnell fuze.

The first fuze is a German Gr.Z.04, used on 10cm, 13cm, 15 cm and 17cm chemical projectiles, as well as a number of HE projectiles.

Pete

Hoeksel - it's 63.5mm across at the rim and the primer is about 12mm across. So it's a 3-pounder according to your specs you listed. Do you know why it wouldn't have any markings?

Thanks to everyone else for IDing the fuzes.

Normally the cases are stamped, maybe it is a case for Japan? They typically have not many marks, I would however expect "EOC" or a Japanese navy sign (anchor). Did you try cleaning the bottom and look for small marks?