What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Addition

Weasel

Premium Member
For the first time in ages i have had the luck of Falcon, i always spend time looking around car boot sales and never normally find anything ord related at all. But today i came across these two identical 2pr cases with the only difference being the inspectors stamp if that's what it is ? got the pair for a very reasonable 4, been on the look out for a WW1 dated case for a while. might be a while until i find something else but i don't mind at all this made my day.
Best regards Weasel.
2pr M.D.Co 3.jpg2pr M.D.Co 2.jpg2pr M.D.Co 1.jpg2pr M.D.Co 4.jpg
pencil.png

Hi Weasel,Right place right time,well done,I know nothing helpful about the stamps but I do know that they are a nice find,
Regards,Don,

Hi Don,
Thanks for your reply, i am sure thee is a reference to the manufacturer ( M.D.Co) on the forum somewhere i will have to dig about but there are two things i have not seen before one is the trace of red paint in the stampings, i have seen this on the base of 1.59" Crayford incendiary rounds before but not on a 2pr case and the logo on the primer that looks like a sharks fin in a circle is a new one on me.

Ok, having dug around it would seem that the maker at least is the Metal Drawing Co. St. Catherine’s, Ontario, Canada

Best Weasel.

Last edited:
Great finds Weasel and with a strong strike on the base to top it off. Certainly must be considered a true bargain, great snaps.......Dano

Shark's fin in a circle!!!!! It is a needle on a gramophone record, and as has been pointed out, "G C" is the Gramophone Company, later to become E.M.I.

M.D.Co. is the Metal Drawing Company of St.Catherine's, Ontario and the red paint indicates an incendiary shell, as you thought.

Regards
tonyE

Thank you for the added info, nice id on the logo D much appreciated, opps well it looked like a sharks to me :) thanks TonyE and for confirmation on the incendiary.
Best regards Weasel.

Last edited: