What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New arrival

This came in yesterdays mail and has been ID"ed as both GranatenSchnellwerfer and Maschinegranatewerfer. Projo is 40mm and definately WW1 German. Any additional info appreciated...Dano

best add picture

OOPs I forgot to include the picture...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 500.jpg
    Picture 500.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 84
makers mark

There is also an "heh" makers mark on the bottom. This marking is also found on m1917 German egg grenades. The bottom also has 3 impressions which I hope the picture will show. I sure was glad to get this one...Dano

Attachments

• Picture 501.jpg
    Picture 501.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 44
  • Picture 500.jpg
    Picture 500.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 31
nice find

Nice find my friend !

i gues its called projetile for the Lanz Werfer !! (Lanze mortar or launcher )

wbr David

dis-assembled

Here is the maschinegranatewerfer taken apart showing fuse/detonator

Attachments

• Picture 513.jpg
    Picture 513.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 49
Browsing the web I came across this which very much looks like your latest addition:

PROJECTILE- Lance grenade for Granatenschnellwerfer rapid fire mortar, German WWI: This was a 40MM projectile which was loaded into a battery(clip) of 6, then inserted into the projector which sat on a baseplate and fired one at a time. It apparently had an 11 second fuze. These are circa 1917 and very rare.

http://www.greatwar.com/ProdImages/GR12138.jpg

Attachments

• GR12138.jpg
    GR12138.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 48
That looks close to the one Jan. Mine is missing the very top piece. If you notice the very bottom of the projo is different than the one in your picture. Definately 40mm. Looks like it shouldn't be too difficult to make a facsimile. I had never seen one before nor did I know of its existance. The one you picture is from GWM and they want 350.00 for that one. I paid 100.00 for this one and it was ID'ed as a Maschinegranatewerfer, which I think it to be true taking into account the differences at the bottom of projo, or maybe the same but just a slight variant??? Can't find enough info on either Granateschnellwerfer or Maschinegranatewerfer to even come up with an observation. About all I can say for sure is that it is one rare dog........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 500.jpg
    Picture 500.jpg
    58 KB · Views: 7
  • Picture 501.jpg
    Picture 501.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 13
  • Picture 513.jpg
    Picture 513.jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 10
Last edited:
drawing

I robbed this drawing of the GranatenSchnellwerfer from another thread on the Granatenwerfer 16 on this forum. Pascal originally posted...Dano

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 30
Hello

I never see a real one.

This is a drawing for the "rapid loader".

Attachments

• casier.jpg
    casier.jpg
    49.7 KB · Views: 26