What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New Australian Customs Laws

25thapril

Just a quick note for the Australian members on this forum The Australian Customs import laws are about to change the first such change is that ALL fuzes to be imported must be sectionized and that the next items to be treated the same way will be mortar rounds and grenades part of the wording for grenades reads that they are to be sectioned in half !!!
I was contacted today regarding these changes and there is no concultation process with collectors or interested parties these changes will happen My reason for posting here is to see if other aussie collectors would like to contact the ACS at weaponspolicy@customs.gov.au to try and have some imput into the extent of sectionizing that they will require as I pointed out to the officer who contacted me that cutting items in half will not allow for a good sectionizing as springs etc will not remaim in place .
So if you love your hobby try and have your say to the people who make the laws Regards 25thapril

A 90 degree cutaway model would be more reasonable.

Let me make a prediction for the future:sad::

A: parcel is send to Australia, let's say an 88mm, 180 degrees cutaway model.
B: Customs check the cutaway model with a vernier caliper and find out the cutaway model is 44,05mm over the cut surface to side:eek:oh:.
C: Oops..... 0.05mm to much, so now the law sees it as a complete and ready to be used piece of ammo.
D: The receiving collector gets a stiff sentence for importing dangerous and live ammunitions:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Last edited:
Just a quick note for the Australian members on this forum The Australian Customs import laws are about to change the first such change is that ALL fuzes to be imported must be sectionized and that the next items to be treated the same way will be mortar rounds and grenades part of the wording for grenades reads that they are to be sectioned in half !!!
I was contacted today regarding these changes and there is no concultation process with collectors or interested parties these changes will happen My reason for posting here is to see if other aussie collectors would like to contact the ACS at weaponspolicy@customs.gov.au to try and have some imput into the extent of sectionizing that they will require as I pointed out to the officer who contacted me that cutting items in half will not allow for a good sectionizing as springs etc will not remaim in place .
So if you love your hobby try and have your say to the people who make the laws Regards 25thapril

Thats Fing ridiclous! Feel really sorry for you guys over there.