What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

New cutaways from Mrfuze, 2, Oct. 2010

Mrfuze

Premium Member
...and the other 2 fuze cutaways, I made in the last time:
1) Chemical long delay nose fuze type C-3(a)
The fuze was used in 50 - 500Kg bombs and incorporates a mechanical
anti-withdrawal feature (spring loaded pin, which locks the fuze in a
thread groove in the fuze adapter.)
2) Aerial burst nose fuze type D-1(a)
The fuze generates a current through rotation of the vane assembly, which
activates an electrical squib once a certain air pressure is reached.
(barometric functioning)
Enjoy the images
Mrfuze, USA :tinysmile_shy_t:

Attachments

• C-3(a) long delay nose fuze, cut, 1.jpg
    C-3(a) long delay nose fuze, cut, 1.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 138
  • D-1(a) aerial burst nose fuze, cut, 1.jpg
    D-1(a) aerial burst nose fuze, cut, 1.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 123
Great job as usual Mrfuze.
Your fuzes always look to be in A1 condition, I assume that they dont all arive in this condition and that you give them a good clean up, do you have any tips?

Darren

Hi Darren
almost all of the fuzes I post on BOCN are made by myself, there are only a few clean-ups of already existing cutaways at all.
Mrfuze, USA

Hi Darren
almost all of the fuzes I post on BOCN are made by myself, there are only a few clean-ups of already existing cutaways at all.
Mrfuze, USA

Some of my fuzes are quite dirty and dull, all of yours look clean, shiny and almost new condition. What do you use to clean them with? How do you manage to clean all of the tiny internal parts?

Darren

Hi MrFuze,
I have the same question as Genkideskan, what's the nationality of these fuzes?

Yoda

Sorry I forgot this:
Both of them are Japanese bomb fuzes, made during WW II.
Regarding the cutaways:
After machine working the housing, the metal surface finishing is made by hand doing filing work combined with chalk and fine grinding paper.
Mrfuze, USA.

Sorry I forgot this:
Both of them are Japanese bomb fuzes, made during WW II.
Regarding the cutaways:
After machine working the housing, the metal surface finishing is made by hand doing filing work combined with chalk and fine grinding paper.
Mrfuze, USA.

Mrfuze, do you strip the clockwork mechanism right down to clean or do you just leave the clockwork as a complete unit and soak it in something to clean it?
I have some clockwork internals that need a good clean but im sure if i strip them down i will never get them back togeather again, what is the best method of cleaning all of the tiny cogs, springs etc?

Thanks,
Darren