What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NEW cutaways from Mrfuze, AU-30

Mrfuze

Premium Member
Hi all,
here images of my latest cutaway, the AU-30 PD fuze, made in former Yugoslavia. Upper impact construction and the delay assembly is a copy of the US M557 PD fuze. Further more, the fuze incorporates a mechanical-pyrotechnical arming feature which disengages the rotor , so the rotor with detonator assembly can move in the armed position.
Enjoy!
Mrfuze, USA

Attachments

• AU-30, cut, 1, Yugo.jpg
    AU-30, cut, 1, Yugo.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 127
  • AU-30, cut, 1a, Yugo.jpg
    AU-30, cut, 1a, Yugo.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 98
Another superb job Mrfuze, thanks for letting us see it.
Any chance that you could post a picture of your machines, I would be interested? My lathe has had an expensive fault, and I don't have a milling machine, so I have to cut by hand.
Best regards,
navyman.

My machines

Hello Navyman
I am embarrassed to show my "machines" I have. I have a drillmill for approx $ 1500.00 and I bought a used lathe for all lathe works. That's it. The rest goes old fashioned "by hand" that means surface of cutaways are smoothed by file and edges are broken by file work also.. The rest: hacksaw and clear paint!!
Mrfuze, USA

Hello Navyman
I am embarrassed to show my "machines" I have. I have a drillmill for approx $ 1500.00 and I bought a used lathe for all lathe works. That's it. The rest goes old fashioned "by hand" that means surface of cutaways are smoothed by file and edges are broken by file work also.. The rest: hacksaw and clear paint!!
Mrfuze, USA

Hi Erhard,

Well, I certainly wouldn't be "embarrassed" - the quality and workmanship of the end products speaks for themselves and it is quite obvious the *key skill* is the person performing the work!

Unfortunately I certainly lack those skills and have therefore relied on, over the years obtaining examples of other people's craftmanship.

Here's an interesting one, what I gather to be part of a proximity fuse, but not sure if the resin is from the original manufacture (which I believe is the case), or added after it was sectionalized. {Not even sure what fuse it's from???}

Keep up the excellent work and thank you for sharing

Cheers
Drew

Attachments

• DSCN3639.jpg
    DSCN3639.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCN3633.jpg
    DSCN3633.jpg
    86.1 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCN3642.jpg
    DSCN3642.jpg
    89.2 KB · Views: 29
Erhard,

another great piece of precision cut-a-ways that I have seen you do for many years my friend.

Great Job!

V40
Mark