What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Nice'n'straight 28A german bomb fuze. :)

waffenamt

Well the postie has been busy this week :) All done deals before the combi-boiler went to combi-boiler heaven a couple of weeks ago....:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Here is a lovely example of a 28A short-delay impact fuze.
1940 dated and made by (AB) Mundlos Aktien Gesellschaft,Nahmasschinenfabrik,Magdeburg. I actually thought AB was another code for my old pals Rheinmetall-Borsig?,but the Pawlas code-book states otherwise.
Has that nice 'curl' on the numeral '1' i seem to be fond of.
Waff inspector '123' makes an appearence also.
The bonus is that transport cap which was included and im certain its from a type/series 17?
The difference being slightly wider and different pattern than the standard caps.
over to you for perusal.

cheers

waff

Attachments

• S7007254.jpg
    S7007254.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 40
  • S7007255.jpg
    S7007255.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 46
  • S7007256.jpg
    S7007256.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 33
  • S7007257.jpg
    S7007257.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 29
Well the postie has been busy this week :) All done deals before the combi-boiler went to combi-boiler heaven a couple of weeks ago....:tinysmile_cry_t4:

Here is a lovely example of a 28A short-delay impact fuze.
1940 dated and made by (AB) Mundlos Aktien Gesellschaft,Nahmasschinenfabrik,Magdeburg. I actually thought AB was another code for my old pals Rheinmetall-Borsig?,but the Pawlas code-book states otherwise.
Has that nice 'curl' on the numeral '1' i seem to be fond of.
Waff inspector '123' makes an appearence also.
The bonus is that transport cap which was included and im certain its from a type/series 17?
The difference being slightly wider and different pattern than the standard caps.
over to you for perusal.

cheers

waff

Couldnt fault that one mate very nice and as for the transport cap,not sure as i have one that fits the standard electrical impact fuse,and its identical to yours but also have a clear plastic one thats narrower still and fits nicely on the 17 clock case.

Always like them with a cap screwed on though as it makes them look factory.

Nice find with the curse of the p/o still worth it.

best phil

Very nice Waff. What's it look like inside? Have you got a sectioned one that shows all the bits in there that you can post a photo of?
Dave.

Last edited:

Hello Waff! I have a El.AZ 28 B 6 with the manufacturer AA 1940, question can you in your smart book check who the manufacturer was? Harry

Hello Waff! I have a El.AZ 28 B 6 with the manufacturer AA 1940, question can you in your smart book check who the manufacturer was? Harry

Well Harry,it seems that 'AA' is not listed in the Pawlas code-buch??:hmmmm2:
Strange,i have a few fuzes with that stamping too.
Anyone else know for me and Harry please?

best

waff

Last edited:

Hey Jack! If you do not want to say it to Waff, it says to me!!!! I will also not continue to say it Harry:listen: