What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NO 119 MK II markings?

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
Here is an image of a British NO 119 MK II. Does anyone know what the MI/C 2/41 mean at the end of the nomenclature?

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-JV-2-5.jpg
    ICE-JV-2-5.jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 65
Joe,

I think the 2/41 refers to the date - February 1941.

As to the other markings, one for the fuze collectors I think, sure someone can tell you.

regards Kev

Just found some lists of WW2 `station monograms' that are probably more concerned with ammo storage locations. The main point I noticed is that those ending `..../C' meant they were Canadian. Re the date - if your fuze is marked with two dates, the earlier date refers to the date of manufacture while the later date will refer to the date of filling.

MI/C is McKinnon Industries, they also made 199 fuzes. They were associated with two filling companies: Canadian Car Munitions Ltd (mark = Cr/C); and General Engineering Co (Sc/C) so one of these marks may be on the fuze if it was filled.