What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 199 Series of fuzes

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
first off I wanted to share some pictures we took of a UK No. 199 MK VI fuze manufactured by Northern Electric.

second ... I have found in a document the nomenclature No. 199 MK2A ... does anyone know what the difference between the 2 and the 2A was.

Third ... does anyone have an official functioning document on this ... I can figure out how they work, but I am trying to get an official functioning statement.

fourth ... we are updating the publication ... I know the differnces between all the different models ... I have pictures of the MK VI and the IV ... anyone else have the others they can share ... especially the 2A, just out of curiousity.

Joe

Attachments

• ICE-jv1-160-4.jpg
    ICE-jv1-160-4.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 39
  • ICE-jv1-160-6.jpg
    ICE-jv1-160-6.jpg
    96.7 KB · Views: 42
  • ICE-jv1-160-5.jpg
    ICE-jv1-160-5.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 39
jvollenberg; second ... I have found in a document the nomenclature No. 199 MK2A ... does anyone know what the difference between the 2 and the 2A was. Joe[/QUOTE said:
Joe,

It differs from the MkII in being fitted with top and bottom rings having setting slots with parallel sides. WOLC A9139 of December 1934 refers.