What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 254

jvollenberg

Ordnance approved
I am looking for information on the No. 254 MK II N. I am wondering what the manufacturer is on this item. I see the I.S.C. then 39. So I am guessing the 39 is the year with the I.S.C. being the company. Am I correct in this thinking?

Joe

Attachments

• nomenclature.jpg
    nomenclature.jpg
    2.9 KB · Views: 40
  • nomen 2.jpg
    nomen 2.jpg
    4.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Nomen 3.jpg
    Nomen 3.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 41
Joe,

Have you a better image?

You're on the right line, except the 254 fuze wasn't introduced until 1943. So I suspect it might be a lot number.

I.S.C. - I believe to be - Instrument Screw Co., Ltd. 206 Northolt Road, South Harrow. Middx. “Screw, Harrow” TN Byron 1141

The listed initials for them is actually I.S. but it wouldn't be the first time the list was inaccurate or that a company subsequently appended a 'C' or similar to represent their full name.

The 254 fuze is for 20mm.

TimG

That is the best images I have ... Sorry. The document I had on the fuzes stated the same thing, that this fuze wasn't introduced until later. I can say these are the only markings on the fuze that I have images of so maybe I am missing something.

Joe