What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No. 3 Mine Detector (Polish)

ozziammo

Been a fruitfull time at a recent Militaria Fair, also picked up this mine detector, but it seems a bit short and no means of adding an extension. The connector cord & headset are present in the front pouch.

I found a couple of pics by Googling but nothing real clear to give a good look.

Has anyone got any info on this unit?

Thanks,

Regards Ozzi.
Mine Detect No3.jpg

Wow! Very nice device :)
Very interesting to get information about this device too. I think "polish" means it developed by polish engineer. I think you know, that first British mine detector made by polish engineer Jozef Kosacki, who leaved occupied Poland.

I am after one of these, I know someone who has one and I manage to stop him from stripping the guts out of it as he was going to fit a modern detector in it. Hopefully he will sell it as he doesn't have the time to get it working. This model is quite simple to get going, the only problem you will have is the batteries, one they are the cause of the box rusting out as the original batteries are wet filled not dry. These batteries are dual voltage, in that you need 45 volts and 3 volts (with out looking at the data), a similar set up to the 4a detector.

Last edited:
Thanks Guys,

Yes the Google search brings up the designer same as you suggest.

I have looked inside this unit & yes someone has had a go at getting it going, with a replaceable plastic battery pack grafted to the wiring. Luckily there is no sign of rust or environmental damage.

However it does look a bit short & was wondering if there is anything missing? Does the one your friend have look any different or have any extras? There is a spare parts box inside this one of mine with a couple of spare valves in tissue paper!

Any printed info would be great?

Thanks,

Regards Ozzi.

Thanks Guys,

Yes the Google search brings up the designer same as you suggest.

I have looked inside this unit & yes someone has had a go at getting it going, with a replaceable plastic battery pack grafted to the wiring. Luckily there is no sign of rust or environmental damage.

However it does look a bit short & was wondering if there is anything missing? Does the one your friend have look any different or have any extras? There is a spare parts box inside this one of mine with a couple of spare valves in tissue paper!

Any printed info would be great?

Thanks,

Regards Ozzi.

Ozzi,
WD militaria has two versions of the No3 polish detector on his site at the moment. The small one was apparantly used when the soldier was laying on his belly and is much smaller than the longer version. He has a good drawing on his images and its worth looking at.

http://www.wdmilitaria.co.uk/viewphoto.php?x=6

the small version is marked ZA 22158 on the head
the large version is marked ZA 22175 on the head

hope this helps

regards Kev