What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

No 36 jig saw puzzle !

navyman

Hello all,
I've been "off air" for some time now as the hospital keeps inviting me to stay. My recuperation time at home has not been wasted as I purchased an exploded No 36 in pieces from pointblankO, (Many thanks), and decided to try and make a display example from the bits. The pics show the results of my efforts. I'm not very happy with the painting so may strip that and leave the internals bare, any comments most welcome.
First two pics show the parts as bought. Pic 3 shows an attempt to decide the best way to re assemble it. 4 shows how I decided to do it. 5 and 6 show the ongoing painting, and 7 is a No5 section which I did some time ago and would like to display them together with a complete one alongside.
All best,
"pegleg" navyman.

Attachments

• 1 36 exp 3a.jpg
    1 36 exp 3a.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 77
  • 2 36 exp 4a.jpg
    2 36 exp 4a.jpg
    97.7 KB · Views: 88
  • 3 36 exp 5a.jpg
    3 36 exp 5a.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 4 36 exp reassemble 1a.jpg
    4 36 exp reassemble 1a.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 81
  • 5 36 exp ressemble 3a.jpg
    5 36 exp ressemble 3a.jpg
    86.9 KB · Views: 102
  • 6 Exp 36 fin 2a.jpg
    6 Exp 36 fin 2a.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 105
  • 7 No 5 section.jpg
    7 No 5 section.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 95
Youve done a good job with that,,got to agree with you it does look better with the centre tube and spring bare metal..

Whoop's, I'm half way through stripping the centre tube, spring, plunger etc. ! Perhaps I should now overpaint the green with black?
Cheers,
'Hopalong' navyman.

Hi Navyman,Well done with the exploded gren,it just goes to show the tremendous forces involved when a gren detonates,thanks for showing us,
Regards,Don,

Well done. Ive beeen thinking of doing something similar with a complete relic gren for some time, it would mean smashing it with a big hammer then re assembling it somehow so all the parts are a small distance apart. maybe gluing them to a clear plastic sphere?? anyone got any good ideas?

Cheers, Paul.

Hi Paul,contact me before you get to using a hammer on that gren I may be able to help,
Regards,Don,

Hello Paul,
I've accidentally broken one before by using too much pressure in a vice, however genuine dug parts are the best.
Cheers,
Guy.

Well done. Ive beeen thinking of doing something similar with a complete relic gren for some time, it would mean smashing it with a big hammer then re assembling it somehow so all the parts are a small distance apart. maybe gluing them to a clear plastic sphere?? anyone got any good ideas?

Cheers, Paul.