What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Norwegian blanks

Freaky

I just wanted to show of my smal collection of Norwegian blanks. This is not my erea of intrest but i think someone would like to se them anyway.
From left to right:
50 cal Blue plastic, 50 cal red plastic, 30 06 blue plastic, 308 (7,62) blue plastic, 308 (7,62) red plastic, 5,56 Black plastic and .45 ACP.
The different between red- and blue plastic is that the blue plastic actualy fiers a short range bullet. The black 5,56 is from modern time and the Norwegian army is changing from 7,62 to 5,56.
Hope you wil enjoy this picture.

Cheers
Freaky

Attachments

• CIMG2255.jpg
    CIMG2255.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 90
What are the dimensions of the .45ACP. It looks too long and thin.

Could it be .30 Carbine?

Blanks

It is a .30 carbine, not a .45 ACP.

It is also dangerous to call plastic short range ammunition "blanks", as they as lethal as a normal bullet at ranges up to about 50-100 m, depending on calibre.

I appreciate that Freaky is writing in English, but it is still something to be avoided.

Regards
TonyE

I agree and disagree. Yes the bullet is dangerous and lethal, but in much shorter range than ordinary bullets. The energy produced when firing this type of cartridge is not enough to reload a regularly automatic weapon if it has not got a lighter bolt.
The reason for using this type of ammunition is for use where civilian is closer than the regular safety distance for normal ammunition. Therefore it is called short range ammunition.
Yes I see it was wrong of me to mix it with the blanks. My point was only to display Norwegian produced blanks and short range ammunition.

Cheers

Short range

No problem. I was merely pointing out that to confuse a short range round with a blank could have unfortunate consequences. I have seen people call them blanks on a couple of occassions and not everyone is as familiar with the difference as you and I may be.

Regards
TonyE

7,62 x 51 Something in yellow

Attachments

• DSC07759.JPG
    DSC07759.JPG
    37.7 KB · Views: 14
  • DSC07758.JPG
    DSC07758.JPG
    43 KB · Views: 19