What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Number 83 & 69 grenade boxes

ww2rupert

Hello

I am new on here, just joined yesterday.

The reason for joining is to find out more about the 2 grenade & smoke boxes i have aquired recently.

I have gently removed the red oxide paint on the 83 box revealing the writing underneath.

I am led to believe these tins are quite rare, my question is, do i restore the tins by rubbing down and re-painting the letters etc or leave as is?

Also does anyone know how the contents would have looked?

I run a small WW2 re-enactment group and i'm thinking of using them on display.

Any help appreciated

Regards

ColinGrenade boxes 008.jpgGrenade boxes 003.jpg

Welcome to the site . Generally , on no account try to refurbish them . They are absolutely fine as they are . Siegfreid.

Welcome to the site . Generally , on no account try to refurbish them . They are absolutely fine as they are . Siegfreid.

Thats what i thought, but i wanted a second opinion.

Thanks for that
icon7.png

Colin

Hello Rupert I was trying to buy the no69 box from the guy you brought it from for ages. I have 34 no69 grenades to put in the box and was wondering if you would consider selling the box ? Cheers rob

Hello Rupert I was trying to buy the no69 box from the guy you brought it from for ages. I have 34 no69 grenades to put in the box and was wondering if you would consider selling the box ? Cheers rob

Hello Rob

You dont think its this one you have been trying to buy, as this one has only just come out of a workshop!

I have only just got the box and was thinking of doing what your suggesting, but i only have 1 No 69 grenade
icon9.png

Might be interested, contact me on ww2rupert@btinternet.com

Colin