What's new
British Ordnance Collectors Network

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

nuther project

Was working on this WW1 French practice F1. I just had rudimentary pictures of the wooden transport plug so I was wondering if I got it close. also still need to satin-dull the bright red paint. Does anyone have a good close up of the wooden transport plug? Dano

Attachments

• Picture 563.jpg
    Picture 563.jpg
    66.4 KB · Views: 35
Last edited:
Thank you kindly spotter, Mine is kind of close but at least now I know what I need to do. This one will be a "piece of cake". P.S. Awesome web-site you showed me spotter! Dano

Last edited:
'till it's over

Got the plug as close to the pic in the web-site spotter was kind enough to supply, roughed the paint a tad more. Out of spray satin which will not make it flat but will "subdue" the finish quite a bit. I have never seen an "original" wooden transport plug for the F1 so I had to eke one out. So after a coat of clear satin i'll call this on "in the collection".........Dano

Attachments

• Picture 565.jpg
    Picture 565.jpg
    59 KB · Views: 19
Nice one Dano. I have seen one sale some time ago at Ebay. Looked
original and was made from Beechwood. What kind of wood did you use
and is it a complete plug or just the top that you made?

Regards, Jan

BTW, went to the Dutch ECRA meeting today. Plenty on sale but not a lot
of people actually buying. Probably due to the extreme high pricing of most
of the items.